Powered by the SAMPRA Development Fund & Paradise Worldwide
The SAMPRA Development Fund is looking to onboard three hardworking interns for an exciting three-month international exposure internship programme. The successful interns will be hosted in Berlin (Germany) by Paradise and will receive a stipend for the duration of the programme.
The three-month internship will kick off in 01 February 2023 and finish at the end of April 2023. The three successful interns will also have an opportunity to travel to the C/O Pop Convention in Cologne to get further exposure to the German music industry.
“SAMPRA is pleased to partner with Paradise Worldwide on this project. This internship programme presents an opportunity to young South Africans to learn and equip themselves for the future. We believe that this programme will have a lasting impact on the lives of these young South Africans and that they will be able to bring all the knowledge gained in Germany and share it in different spaces in South Africa. We look forward to seeing how real lives will be transformed by this programme.” - Pfanani Lishivha Chief Executive Officer SAMPRA.
“Internships play a crucial role in shaping one’s career & as Paradise Worldwide, we are all about building bridges and knowledge transfer between our Global offices. Our co-operation with SAMPRA takes this concept to the next level. Germany’s record business revenues topped $2 billion (on a retail basis) for the second year in a row in 2021. Our chosen three graduates will gain real life experience working in one of the world's leading Music Markets, an International working environment & our team will equip them with necessary skills required to stand out & level up the South African music Ecosystem.” Ralph Boege, Paradise Worldwide Managing Director.
The internship opportunity is for graduates who want to develop skills, understanding and experience in the music rights management, music royalty collection and distribution, as well as the music monetisation sector. This opportunity is open to individuals who have completed qualifications in: General Administration, Para-Legal, Human Resources, Project Management, Marketing, Media Management, Communications, Journalism, or any music related qualification.
The ideal candidate must meet all the following requirements:
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to use a computer (Mac or Windows).
- An interest in the global music industry, data management, and music rights management.
- Basic Social Media user knowledge for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Knowledge of current South African popular music trends.
- Experience in the music industry, media, online business, marketing and/or project management will be a bonus.
- Ability to work precisely, efficiently, and independently.
- Fast, adaptable, proactive, creative learner who wishes to broaden his/her understanding of the music industry.
- Team player.
- Positive attitude.
All applicants must have:
- A completed qualification in one or more of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Proof of qualification (certified copy of transcript and qualification).
- A valid South African passport.
Should you possess all the above requirements, please email a concise CV and certified copies of your qualifications and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, 20 August 2022.